Saturday, November 3, 2012

Prolific Living Writing


Answering the questions in a writing exercise in the e-book Empower Your Writing by the amazing Farnoosh Brock. 

I am short and abrupt sometimes. I am long and drawn out sometimes too. I write short and long sentences. I attempt to engulf my topic. I am all about straight talk, short and concise. I don't like to leave things unsaid, but I frequently do.

I am factual and emotional on paper. I am brash and daring. I am gentle by intention but ruthless with delivery.. I prefer subtly fancy words. I tend to be bouncy and scattered, but as I age I become more focused and centered.

I sometimes write snippets. I sometimes write fully full sentences.

I want to learn to write with a more conversational tone. I frequently write free flow with unedited thoughts and uncensored ideas. I don't like to repeat for emphasis. I like to ask questions and write to the answers. I might enjoy using irony and sarcasm. I am awkward with self deprecating humor. I am learning how to playfully offer laughs at my expense.

I like to red hot poker shock my audience from time to time. Isn't polarity a stance on the issues? I write as if writing to a best friend in absence. I write with absent adoration. Let's work on that. Let's work for the lovers.

I write authoritatively because by the time I've put words to paper, I've really thought about it. I write in "I" form most of the time. I'm learning to write to you, for us. I write to inspire and inform. I aspire my audience to feel moved to take action. I'm not much of a storyteller. I reflect on my own experience. Thank you for being part of it. We're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment