Sunday, November 18, 2012

Closet Upgrade

So I couldn't bear to post a before picture. Too much exposure. Just trust me, it was chaos. Random mishmash of plastic hangers has been over for a while.  I upgraded to black no-slip hangers a year ago. But since summer, everything needed resetting.

I hung tops, dresses and trousers on the low bar and sweaters and coats on the high bar.

I hung a jewelry organizer on the open part of the back wall. An over-the-door hook set hangs purses and scarves I think I'll want to pull this season.  I have a gazillion shelves, compliments of The Closet Lover.  I folded pullovers and hoodies and put them on the chest level shelf. Naturally, I put pants on the two shelves below the sweaters.



On the inside of the other door (they're french style, opening out) I hang my steam pressing pad- I steam most of my clothes before wearing.

I put luggage and out of season items I don't want to part with on the way up high shelf. Also, grubby work clothes have their own shelf, up high but in reach. I got cheapo adhesive hooks at AceIsThePlace and hung hats in any remaining spaces.  Petitioning the landlord & The Closet Lover to build me a shoe rack.


 Getting dressed is so easy breezy now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment